Interview with head of the flight service of aircompany "Armenia" Albert Karapetyan
"Mr. Karapetyan, the pilots of the Armenia Air Company have already been training in Amsterdam. Why did you choose your choice from all possible options to Amsterdam?
- Amsterdam is a great option for us, which we introduced to the General Aviation Department of Armenia, after thear recognition, our pilots began a regular seasonal recertification at FSC (Flight simulation company) training center.
- While these trainings were held in Vilnius. Why did the decision stop at Amsterdam this time?
- We do not give up from Vilnius, but there is a difference in airplane types. Armenia Air Company expands its scope of activities, which implies that our fleet is replenished with new airplanes. Training of Boeing 737 classic airairplanes pilots continues in Vilnius, and Amsterdam allows us to train Boeing 737 NG aircraft pilots.
- Mr. Karapetyan, how often are the pilots going through the rehearsal?
- Every 6 months, mandatory.
- What would you say about the training center and the level of rehearsals? Are you satisfied?
- I'm very satisfied with the high level of international standards, advanced trainings that are of great importance to our pilots and the outcome is evident.
- What are the plans for the future? New trainings will be implemented.
- Yes of course: On March 5, our new group of pilots will leave for training, one as a commander of the aircraft and the other as a pilot. This is not the first case when the airline prepares shots from scratch and all this at its own expense. We have already managed to train 7 second pilots and 3 aircraft commander in our operations. I think this is a great achievement not only for our airline, but also for the entire Armenian aviation. For the sake of the future I would like to note that in the near future the pilots will be able to operate Boeing 737 classic and Boeing 737 NG, and the training will be carried out respectively in Vilnius and Amsterdam.
Dear colleagues, we are glad to inform you, that “Aircompany Armenia” signed a contract with ...
Laconic and kind, trustworthy pilot Eduard Karapetyan has been “in-flight” for 35 years and is going to serve the Armenian aviation for another 10 years.
To strengthen the connection between Armenia and France, and to make the cooperation between Yerevan and Lyon closer, air company «Armenia» launched a regular direct flight Yerevan-Lyon-Yerevan from April 19.
Gevorg Khachatryan proposed marriage to his beloved Diana Khachatryan on the airplane of “Armenia”.