Tourism unit of Yerevan Municipality at the request of "Armenia" magazine has isolated eleven places for tourists, where they can get acquainted with the most interesting stories of the city, reveal Yerevan spirit and feel warmness.
1.Visit “Erebuni” historical and archeological reserve-museum and find the city’s chronology, traced back to the foundation of the Erebuni Fortress, where the “passport” of the city /the cuneiform dated by the Urartu epoch/ is preserved.
2. Visit Yerevan History Museum which is located in the building of Yerevan Municipality on Argishti street and you will find the history of Yerevan.
3. Visit Republic Square, especially after 20:00PM to watch singing fountains.
4. Take two-hour Yerevan City Tour by double-decker bus from France Square, next to Opera House to have an open-air excursion.
5. Visit Yerevan Zoo which is an interesting and funny place not only for children but also for adults.
6. If you want to buy some Yerevan souvenirs, go to Yerevan Vernissage – an open-air large market /do it especially at weekend/ and walk along Abovyan street.
7. If you want to feel Yerevan pub lifestyle, walk around Parpetsi and Pushkin streets, where most of the pubs are located.
8. Visit the Matenadaran to find out the ancient manuscripts, see the 500-years old typed book, etc.
9. Visit Northern Avenue to do shopping, see modern Yerevan, take a cup of coffee at open-air cafes in summer, and visit different tasty restaurants during the whole year.
10. Visit the Cascade to get acquainted with modern art of Yerevan, go up 572 stairs to get on observation deck of Cascade, where you can enjoy a wonderful view of Ararat Mountain.
11. Visit GUM Market for buying fresh vegetables, fruits, lavash / Armenian bread/, dried fruits, etc.
They come to meet local interesting myths, touch the magnetic historical values, and see many awesome fortresses and monasteries.